Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Judge for yourselves

No, these aren't both Jaime ... the one on the right is a baby picture of Melissa (circa mid-1970s). Part of the application included sending current pictures of both the parents, ostensibly for the purpose of using similarity in visual features as one of the many matching criteria. (The Chinese government didn't have this picture, but we dug it up to see if there was any similarity.) I'm not sure quite how that all works; it seems pretty subjective to me ... but who knows, maybe they've got fancy CSI-calibre pattern recognition software :) Anyway, judge for yourselves ... did Melissa look anything like Jaime at her age ?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think she indeed did and I love the picture of Jaime!! How cute is she!! Cant wait to see the first family photo!

12:48 a.m.  
Blogger Heather said...

Wow, that is amazing. Not only do I see a facial resemblance, but the pose is virtually the same as well. You have a beautiful daughter and I am excited for you both!

1:43 a.m.  
Blogger Andrea said...

Jaime has been watched over very carefully during all her moments - she is a blessed child to come into a home filled with such beautifully enlarged hearts - the Chooser has chosen well. Enjoy her sounds ...........

7:19 p.m.  
Blogger Norma said...

I just found your blog and am reading old posts. Yes I think your new little one looks like Melissa. Actually I thought the same of the photo where Melissa is holding Jaime soon after you met her. Amazing!

10:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home